Sunday, April 20, 2008

Social Networking is Becoming More Appealing

Last class we were scanning the ComScore website and my fellow classmate and I came across the demographic profiles for selected social networking. We found that myspace visitors are now “age 35 or older.” I found this slightly alarming at first considering I myself have a myspace and assumed the demographics would prove to be a bit younger. I can see how the age span works out this way especially now seeing the many uses myspace can bring to businesses and such. Comscore then goes on to explain that these sites are all different, aiming towards different crowds. Of course facebook’s demographics would prove to be younger because this site was created for college students. Social networking isn’t just aiming at the youngsters anymore and is proving to appeal to more people.

1 comment:

Ian Morales said...

I'm that classmate. I was as surprised as you were. All I see on myspace, other than bands, is people younger than me. I use it primarily to keep up with bands and discover new ones.